Bill Cap - WaterSure Wales tariff

If you already have a meter, or have requested one, the Bill Cap - WaterSure Wales tariff puts a cap on the amount you have to pay for your water.

How does it work?

Bill Cap - WaterSure Wales tariff caps your annual metered bill amount so you won’t pay over a certain amount for the year, no matter what your actual consumption is.

The Bill Cap - WaterSure Wales charge from 1 April 2024 to 31 March 2025 is £396.68 (£153.66 for water, £243.02 for sewerage).

Am I eligible?

The scheme is available to customers who already have a water meter, or opt in to have a water meter fitted. To be eligible, you must be receiving a qualifying benefit or tax credit and either :

  1. have 3 or more children under the age of 19 living at your home who you can claim Child Benefit for, or
  2. have a member of your household with a medical condition that requires significant use of extra water

Qualifying benefits

You must be in receipt of at least one of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income related Employment & Support Allowance
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
  • Pension Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Attendance Allowance (AA)
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (except families in receipt of the family element only)
  • Universal Credit
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Medical conditions

Common conditions which require a significant amount of extra water can include:

  • Desquamation (flaky skin disease)
  • Weeping Skin (eczema, psoriasis, varicose ulceration)
  • Incontinence
  • Abdominal Stoma
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Renal failure requiring home dialysis (except where the health authority contributes to the cost of the dialysis

If your condition is not listed here, but still requires a significant amount of water, you may provide information in your application.

You don't meet the requirements if...

  • You don't have a water meter fitted at your property. If you'd like to have a meter fitted to qualify, please complete the application form, including the meter application form on page 5.
  • You water your garden with a non-handheld appliance, such as a sprinkler or domestic irrigation system.
  • You have a swimming pool or pond with a capacity of over 10,000 litres.
  • The property you're applying for isn't your main home.
  • Your property is used for commercial purposes.
  • You share payment of your bill with your neighbour(s)
Careers - call centre staff

Apply for our

Bill Cap - WaterSure Wales tariff

Apply for our Bill Cap - WaterSure Wales tariff by downloading and returning the application form.

Find out more