Helping you with your payments

If you need help paying your bill, check if you are eligible for any of our financial schemes or tariffs.

Spread the cost of your bill

Make your bill more affordable by splitting it up in to manageable payments. There are two ways to do this...

Set up a direct debit

You can instruct your bank or building society to pay your water bill automatically by direct debit, while having the flexibility choose how often you have to pay.

Set up a payment card

If a Direct Debit is not for you, but you want to spread your bill over instalments, you can setup a payment card.

Take your payment card and your payment to your local Post Office, or any shop, petrol station etc. where the PayPoint sign is displayed.

You may also qualify for one of our financial support schemes or tariffs.

Our HelpU Tariff

If you qualify, we will cap your water bill so you won’t pay over a certain amount for the year.

To qualify for the tariff:

  • the water supply to the household must be for domestic use only
  • someone in the household must receive at least one means-tested benefit
  • the combined annual household income must be on or under a threshold compared to your household size

Customer Assistance Fund

The Customer Assistance Fund is designed to help those in severe financial hardship to clear debt and get on top of their payments, we will also help to pay off your debt.

You may be eligible if:

  • Your water account is for a domestic property where you currently live.
  • You owe more than £150.
  • You have a very low credit score with the credit agencies.

Water Direct Scheme

If you're in financial hardship and you're in debt with us, Water Direct may help by paying your water charges and debt through your benefits.

You may be eligible if:

  1. Your water account is for a domestic property where you currently live.
  2. Your arrears are more than £75.
  3. You're in receipt of one of the following benefits:
    • Income Support.
    • Income based Job Seekers Allowance.
    • Pension Credit.
    • Employment and Support Allowance (income based).
    • Universal Credit.

WaterSure Scheme

If you already have a meter, or have requested one, the WaterSure scheme puts a cap on the amount you have to pay for your water.

The scheme is available to customers who already have a water meter, or opt in to have a water meter fitted. To be eligible, you must be receiving a qualifying benefit or tax credit and either :
  • have 3 or more children under the age of 19 living at your home who you can claim Child Benefit for, or
  • have a member of your household with a medical condition that requires significant use of extra water

Contact our help team

Speak to an advisor

If you have any queries or concerns on paying your water bill, please speak to our friendly advisors.

0303 313 0022

8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 1:30pm on Saturday