At times, some customers need a little extra help. If we can help you, join our priority services register so we can make sure you get the best service possible.
You may be a parent with a young baby, have an illness that requires water, have sight or hearing difficulties or are elderly or disabled. Our Priority Services Register means we can help with:
- Bottled water if your supply is interrupted
- Alternative ways of getting information
- Reassurance against bogus callers
Sign up for Priority Services
Alternatively, you can request a copy or complete the form over the phone by calling us on 0800 052 0145 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 1:30pm on Saturday. Alternatively, you can request one via text relay on Telephone or text 18001 & the number you want to call.
Ways we can help
Once you're on our priority services register, we can give extra help by providing water, managing your bills and account, and keeping you safe in your home:
Help with water
Priority contact for supply interruptions
If you need water because of a medical condition, such as home dialysis, please let us know as soon as possible so that if your water supply is interrupted for any reason, we will make sure that we contact you as a priority. Your hospital may have already informed us but please let us know anyway.
We can provide you with bottled water if your water supply is interrupted. If the water is likely to be off for a long period of time and we need to use water bowsers these will be located as convenient as possible to you. We can offer assistance if you are unable to collect water from these bowsers.
Help with your bills and account
We can offer assistance with your bills and leaflets in the following ways:
- Large print
- Coloured background for dyslexia
- Read your bill to you over the phone
- Send your bill to a friend or a relative
If you are housebound we can send a representative of the company to your home to discuss the bill and payments with you.
Accessible contact with Welsh Water
- If you use a text phone you can access our Text Relay Service (via the Next Generation Text Service) on 18001 0800 052 0145. This is a free service that allows you to speak or type and it's converted into text.
- If you contact us on the telephone we won’t rush you and we will take our time when explaining things to you.
- If you have access to the web. you can talk to us through Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.
- Register for My Account where you can view your bills, current balance and the payments you've made
- Use the Accessibility settings in the main menu of our website to change the text, language, and colour.
If you have difficulties communicating or if you find it hard to understand your bill or other information you can nominate a relative, friend or carer to talk to us or receive correspondence on your behalf.
We can also contact a nominee about your water and sewerage supply and/or your bill but we will need your permission. This will safeguard your interests and privacy. They will be our first point of contact and they will be able to contact us and sort out payments on your behalf.
If you would prefer a relative/friend to represent your needs on a permanent basis you may want to consider a Power of Attorney. To find out more you can contact the Office of Public Guardian for further information.
We want you to feel safe in your home and you can choose a password for us to use when we need to visit, or contact you. We will always confirm your password first. This will help protect you from bogus callers who claim to be working for us. Try to choose a password that is easy for you to remember but make sure no one else knows it.
If you would like to find out more about bogus callers and what to do if you suspect them, you can visit out Bogus Callers page.
You can download the Priority Services Booklet for further information.