Measured bills explained
If your property has a water meter, you'll get a measured bill for the water you have used over the billing period. Here, we break down the bill so you know what you're being charged for, and what you need to do.
If you have a water meter, your bill will be made up of two parts - Household measured charges, and a service charge.
Household measured charge
Using the readings you give us from your water meter we will work out how much water you have used and charge per cubic meter*.
Water - £1.4526 per cubic meter
Sewerage - £1.9534 per cubic meter
or £1.9534 per cubic meter with surface water rebate.
*A cubic meter is 1000 litres or 220 gallons - the equivalent of 12 washing machine cycles, 12 baths, or 28 showers.
The service covers the cost of reading and maintaining your water meter, and replacing it when it becomes necessary.
|Meter size*||Water||Sewerage (Full)||Sewerage (foul only)|
The meter size will be shown on your bill*
All charges are from 1st April 2023 to 31st March 2024. Our charges are set by Ofwat, the water industry regulator. For more information on our current usage charges, please refer to our summary of household charges:
If you receive your sewerage services from Hafren Dyfrdwy, please see your charges here.
If you receive your sewerage services from Severn Trent, please see your charges here.
What happens when I get my bill?
You will receive a bill every six months when we read the meters in your area. We'll aim to bill on an actual reading but if we are unable to read the meter, we'll send an estimated bill.
Your bill has to be paid in 14 days of receipt unless you have a Direct Debit or payment plan in place. Direct Debit is the easiest way to pay as you can spread the cost over a year, and we'll take the payments automatically. For more information, take a look at our Direct Debit page.
If you have a payment plan in place but fail to keep to the arrangement, the full outstanding balance will be payable.
What if I receive an estimated bill?
- Option 1 - You may take an actual reading (if it's safe to do so). Send us your reading using our submit a meter reading form. We will then send you an amended bill, or
- Option 2 - Our estimating program is very accurate. You can just pay your estimated bill as normal. We'll aim to read the meter in the next six months.
Did you know...
- If we need to change the meter for any reason, you will receive a bill between your six monthly bills.
When you move into a metered property:
- You may not receive a bill for up to six months, if we read the meter just before you moved in, or
- Your first bill could be for less than six months, if we read the meter shortly after you move in. So your first bill could be lower than your next six monthly bill.
- When you move in, we'll send you a welcome pack so you know which months your bills are sent.