Finding an approved installer
We want to make sure that any work completed on your plumbing system or fittings complies with the regulations, and help keep drinking water safe.
To do this, we recommend using an approved contractor. This can come with a lot of benefits:
- They are qualified, and have received specific training about the regulations.
- They will give you and us a ‘work completed’ certificate.
- An approved contractor can carry out some plumbing work without approval from us, which can limit delays.
- They should have the right insurance to protect you and them if anything goes wrong.
- Approved contractors and businesses are audited to make sure they are working in the right way.
There are various approved training schemes, such as WIAPS, which is run by Water Regs UK on behalf of Welsh Water and a number of other water companies. The following link gives further information about WIAPS and how plumbers can become registered. All approved contractors or businesses that have gone through this training, can become members of WaterSafe.
WaterSafe want to improve plumbing work and make drinking water as safe as possible. They do this by making it easy for you to find all the approved contractors or businesses in the UK. It’s all online and you can search below. As an example, although it’s fine for all manner of plumbing fixtures, fittings and appliances to be sold, how they are then used and fitted could be illegal. Approved plumbers, should know this, and use approved fixtures, fittings, appliances and materials.