How can I reduce my consumption
We'll break down your bill so you know what you're being charged for, and what you need to do.
How we bill you
Your bill will be made up of two parts - Household measured charges and a service charge. Using the readings you give us from your water meter, we will work out how much water you have used and charge per cubic meter. The service charge covers the cost of reading and maintaining your water meter. For more information on how we calculate the charges, click here.
Has your bill been estimated?
If your bill has been estimated, there are two options to consider.
- If it's safe to do so, take an actual reading. We will then send you a bill for your actual consumption.
- Our estimating program is very accurate. You can just pay your estimated bill as normal. We'll aim to read the meter in the next six months.
To learn more about your water meter, click here.
Have your circumstances changed?
Whatever your circumstances, our Priority Services Register helps us make sure we’re giving you the right support and the best service possible.
How do I reduce my water bill
As each season comes and goes, the amount of water we use goes up and down. If it's for the summer, you might have used more. The good news is there are some simple steps you can take to reduce how much you use. Always consider your bill you are looking at now is for the six months previous usage.
- Take a shower and reduce the number of baths you have
- Wait until you have a full load before doing your washing
- Use a watering can or handheld hose pipe instead of a garden sprinkler
- Only fill the kettle with the water you need
- Always make sure taps are turned off fully
Do you think you have a leak?
We want to do everything we can to encourage our customers to detect and repair leaks as quickly as possible. This could help you potentially save money. The video below explains how to test for a water leak at home.
Is your toilet leaking?
Can you see the water running constantly in the toilet? This can be a small trickle or a stream. You may have a leak.
You spot it, we'll stop it.
We need some further checks to happen before we investigate. Please use the following checklist to determine if you have a leak:-
- The digits haven’t moved - This indicates that there is no leak. We have a number of water saving tips and ways to help make your bills more affordable.
- The dials have moved - Please complete this form and we will be in touch with next steps.
- Can't complete the check due to the meter chamber - Click here to contact us.