2019 Pesticide Disposal Scheme
As part of our PestSmart project, we are offering a free and confidential disposal scheme for farmers, growers, gamekeepers, foresters and land managers to safely dispose of any unwanted, out of date or unlicensed pesticides and herbicides which are difficult or expensive to dispose of.
By providing this disposal scheme across Wales and in Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water’s Drinking water catchment areas in England, we are working with land managers to safeguard raw water quality before it reaches our water treatment works.
You must register for this scheme no later than 5pm on Friday 18th October.
How does the scheme work?
- You must register with us by 5pm on Friday 18th October.
- You can register online by completing this form.
- To register with a member of the PestSmart team, call 01443 452716.
- We may have to call or email you back to confirm if you’re eligible by asking you some simple questions.
Transferring your details
- Once we’ve confirmed you’re eligible, we will pass your details to our third party contractor to ensure your confidentiality.
- Our contractor, Chem Clear Ltd, will ask you what you want to dispose of, how much you have and will arrange a collection date. They will let you know if they need any further information from you and will answer any questions you may have.
Chem Clear Ltd is a hazardous waste contractor
Further Terms and Conditions are available here
Chemicals MUST stay in their original containers so we know what they are. Don’t worry if this means you have lots of containers with only small amounts. Our contractor will advise you how best to store your chemicals until they are collected.
There is a maximum limit of 30 litres or 30 kilograms per collection. Our contractor will take more but you will be charged £3.20 per litre/kilogram. Additional substances will need to be agreed with the contractor prior to collection.
Farmers & Growers
The disposal scheme is not available to:
- Commercial firms engaged in pest control
- Commercial firms engaged in ground maintenance
- Local authorities
- Commercial firms engaged in waste disposal
The disposal scheme is available throughout Wales and our drinking water catchments in England - check these maps to see if you’re eligible.
CF, NP & LD
LL & CH
Estimated collection month:
This is a completely confidential scheme – only the contractor will know what has been collected from your farm or land. They will not share this information with anyone.
More information on this is available in our T&Cs