Monday, 17th February
With flooding still affecting many communities in Wales and Herefordshire, we are experiencing high volumes of calls due to the high winds and heavy rain and our crews are extremely busy.
Here are the organisations you may need to contact:
Natural Resources Wales - 0800 80 70 60 (24 Hours) - if the flooding is coming from a watercourse (such as a stream) that is about to or has burst its banks.
Your Local Council – if you suspect the flooding is resulting from rising groundwater or surface water run off.
Welsh Water Sewerage Services & Emergencies - 0800 085 3968 (24 hours) or report an issue via a webform – for flooding inside your property caused by a blocked or overloaded sewer.
The summer is a time when we all tend to use more water around the home and in the garden. While we always plan for dry periods, we all need to play a part in making sure that we don’t waste water.
We’re doing our bit by making sure we fix leaks as soon as we find them. You can help us with this by reporting any leaks to us as soon as you see them. Click here to report a leak.
On this page, you will also find some simple tips on ways you can enjoy using water over the summer without wasting it.
Water Efficiency - Tips and advice
Saving water in the BATHROOM
- Take a shower and reduce the number of baths you have
- Put the plug in the basin when you wash and use the collected water instead
- Don't leave the tap running when brushing your teeth
- Always make sure taps are turned off fully
- Fix a water efficient showerhead, available from our Product Portal
- Fix any leaking taps to avoid wasted water
- If you are installing a new bathroom, always choose water efficient products
Saving water in the KITCHEN
- Use a washing up bowl when washing up
- Fix any leaking taps
- Wait until you have a full load before doing your washing
- Only fill the kettle with the water you need
- If you are purchasing a new appliance which uses water, be sure to check how water efficient it is
Saving water in the GARDEN
- Use a watering can or handheld hose pipe instead of a garden sprinkler
- Fit a hose trigger gun when using a hose, available from our Product Portal
- Add water retention crystals to pots, tubs and hanging baskets to help keep compost moist, available here on our Product Portal
- Don't cut lawns too short and save the clippings to use as mulch to improve soil health