Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
My Account Priority Services

Ways we can help you

Priority Services

At times, some customers need a little extra help. For example, you may be a parent with a young baby, a dialysis patient, have sight or hearing difficulties or are elderly or disabled. By joining our Priority Services Register you can get extra help with:

  • bottled water if your supply is interrupted
  • alternative ways of getting information
  • reassurance against bogus callers

Practical Help

Medical Condition

I need water because of a medical condition

If you need water because of a medical condition, such as home dialysis, please let us know as soon as possible so that if your water supply is interrupted for any reason, we will make sure that we contact you as a priority. Your hospital may have already informed us but please let us know anyway.

Physical Disability

I have a physical disability

We can provide you with bottled water if your water supply is interrupted. If the water is likely to be off for a long period of time and we need to use water bowsers these will be located as convenient as possible to you. We can offer assistance if you are unable to collect water from these bowsers.

Visually Impaired

I am blind or visually impaired

We can offer assistance with your bills and leaflets in the following ways:

  • Large print
  • Braille
  • CD/MP3
  • Read your bill to you over the phone
  • Send your bill to a friend or a relative

If you are housebound we can send a representative of the company to your home to discuss the bill and payments with you.

Hearing Difficulties

I am deaf or hard of hearing or have a speech impairment

  • If you use a text phone you can access our Text Relay Service (via the Next Generation Text Service) on 18001 0800 052 0145. This is a free service that allows you to speak or type and it's converted into text.
  • If you have access to the web. you can talk to us through Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.
  • Register for My Bill where you can view your bills, current balance and the payments you've made www.dwrcymru.com/mybill



If you want us to contact a relative, friend or carer about your water and sewerage supply and/or your bill we need your permission. This will safeguard your interests and privacy. They will be our first point of contact and they will be able to contact us and sort out payments on your behalf. If you would prefer a relative/friend to represent your needs on a permanent basis you may want to consider a Power of Attorney. To find out more you can contact the Office of Public Guardian for further information here.


I have dyslexia

We can help you by providing large print bills and correspondence on coloured background to stabilise the text.

Learning Difficulties

I have a learning disability

If you contact us on the telephone we won’t rush you and we will take our time when explaining things to you. If you have difficulties communicating or if you find it hard to understand your bill or other information you can nominate a relative, friend or carer to talk to us or receive correspondence on your behalf.


Help using our website

We want to make sure that our website is easy for you to use. We use RECITE which helps customers to personalise our website to suit their needs. This includes reading the screen, adapting the colour and font and providing a choice of languages. Look out for the Aa symbol on our website and click on it to start using Recite.

Keeping Safe

Password Scheme

Password Scheme

We want you to feel safe in your home and you can choose a password for us to use when we need to visit, or contact you. We will always confirm your password first. This will help protect you from bogus callers who claim to be working for us. Try to choose a password that is easy for you to remember but make sure no one else knows it.

Bogus Callers

Bogus Callers

Bogus callers pretend to be working for a company to gain access to your property, or ask for your details over the phone. If you would like to find out more about bogus callers and what to do if you suspect them, you can visit out Bogus Callers page here

Help with your bill

We know that times are tough. So, we’ve got a number of ways that we can offer extra help to customers who are really struggling to pay their water bill. Get in touch to see if you may be able to get some extra help to lower your water bill. We’re here to help.

Depending on your personal circumstances we may be able to reduce your bill. You can find out more about the options available to you by following this link



In order to qualify for our HelpU tariff, someone in the household must receive at least one means-tested benefit and the combined annual household income must be on or under the threshold for the household size. Your annual charge will be capped for the year.

Water Direct

Water Direct

Our Water Direct scheme takes away the hassle of paying your bills. It allows those customers who receive certain benefits and are currently in arrears to pay directly through their benefits. It's the lowest available payment plan that we can offer. If you sign up we will reduce your bill by £25.

WaterSure Wales

WaterSure Wales

Our WaterSure Wales tariff is available to our customers who already have a water meter or opts in the have a water meter fitted. WaterSure Wales helps low income households who receive a qualifying benefit or tax credit and either a large family or a family member with a certain medical condition that requires the extra use of water. Your annual charge will be capped for the year.

Customer Assistance Fund

Customer Assistance Fund

If you have arrears with us that you're unable to pay, the Customer Assistance Fund could help. If you pay your current charges for 6 months we will pay off half of your arrears! If you then pay for a further 6 months we will pay off the remaining balance of your arrears.

Switching to a Meter

Switching to a Water Meter

If your fixed annual charge is high, or you are a low user of water or live on your own, you could save money by having a meter installed. Installation is free and many of our customers have already made the switch and found it works in their favour. If you apply for a meter you have the option to switch back to your fixed annual charge at anytime up to 2 years from the date the meter was installed.

Interested? Sign up for our 'Priority Services' by:

  • Option 2 - Print off and complete the Priority Services application form and send it to us at the following address: Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water, Freepost SWC 5253, Cardiff CF3 5GY.
  • Option 3 - You can request a copy of the Priority Services application form via post by calling us on 0800 052 0145 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 1:30pm on Saturday. Alternatively, you can request one via text relay on Telephone or text 18001 & the number you want to call.
  • Option 4 - If you're unable to complete the form yourself, we're happy to do it for you. Please call us on 0800 052 0145 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 1.30pm on Saturday. Alternatively, you can use text relay on Textphone: 18001 & number you want to call.