FAQs | Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
Dwr Cymru Welsh Water

Monday, 17th February

With flooding still affecting many communities in Wales and Herefordshire, we are experiencing high volumes of calls due to the high winds and heavy rain and our crews are extremely busy.

Here are the organisations you may need to contact:

Natural Resources Wales - 0800 80 70 60 (24 Hours) - if the flooding is coming from a watercourse (such as a stream) that is about to or has burst its banks.

Your Local Council – if you suspect the flooding is resulting from rising groundwater or surface water run off.

Welsh Water Sewerage Services & Emergencies - 0800 085 3968 (24 hours) or report an issue via a webform – for flooding inside your property caused by a blocked or overloaded sewer.



We've matched this to your question:

What can I do if my water supply is leaking?

We want to do everything we can to encourage our customers to detect and repair leaks as quickly as possible.  This helps us to reduce leakage and for you to potentially save money.

As a business customer, you are responsible for all the water pipework located within the boundary of your site. This includes the pipe that supplies water into your premises. You are also responsible for the maintenance of all the internal pipework and will need to arrange for a plumber to fix any leaks that you may discover.

Unlike most internal leaks which tend to be relatively easy to spot, external leaks are mostly hidden underground and often go unnoticed for long periods of time, costing large amounts of money.  The signs of an underground leak include damp patches of ground, pooling water and lush areas of vegetation in dry spells. Most internal leaks should be easier to spot such as dripping taps, but even some modern overflows discharge back into the pipework without being seen.

Still unsure? Speak to an agent