Dwr Cymru Welsh Water

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – A Message to Our Customers - 30 March 15:00

We know that this is a difficult time. We also know that the water and wastewater services we provide play a key role in protecting public health and safeguarding the customers and communities we serve.

We are doing all we can to protect our colleagues while also maintaining our services to customers. You will still see us working in streets and communities during this time but we are only doing essential work that will help protect public health by maintaining water and wastewater services to customers.

Our Billing Call Centre is open from 9am - 5pm (Monday to Friday) to support our most vulnerable customers who have been impacted by the Coronavirus.

If you’re impacted by COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and concerned about your water bill, please click here for more information.

If you need to contact us about other things like updating your account, to let us know you are moving or to set up a direct debit, you can do this by visiting our online services.

We will keep you informed of any other changes through updates on this site and via our social media channels - Facebook & Twitter.

We apologise for this but will do everything we can to continue providing our essential services. Thank you for bearing with us.

Developer Services Sewerage Services Alteration or Removal of a Public Sewer or Associated Apparatus

Anyone with an interest in any land which contains a public sewer or associated apparatus has the right to request the alteration or removal, including diversion (generally referred to throughout this document as diversion) of that apparatus to accommodate a proposed improvement of that land (e.g. development or change of use).  This right is granted by Section 185 of the WIA91 and extends to anyone with an interest in adjacent land where the presence of public sewerage apparatus would hinder proposed improvement.  This does not apply to sewers in any public highway.

You can request an alteration, removal or diversion of apparatus by serving a formal Notice which is included with the Application Form.  We have a duty to consider such a request except to the extent that the request is unreasonable.  Any request which would result in a reduction in the performance of the apparatus, or would render it unusable or inaccessible, would normally be considered to be unreasonable.

Please refer to our Guidance Notes for further information.