COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – A Message to Our Customers - 30 March 15:00
We know that this is a difficult time. We also know that the water and wastewater services we provide play a key role in protecting public health and safeguarding the customers and communities we serve.
We are doing all we can to protect our colleagues while also maintaining our services to customers. You will still see us working in streets and communities during this time but we are only doing essential work that will help protect public health by maintaining water and wastewater services to customers.
Our Billing Call Centre is open from 9am - 5pm (Monday to Friday) to support our most vulnerable customers who have been impacted by the Coronavirus.
If you’re impacted by COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and concerned about your water bill, please click here for more information.
If you need to contact us about other things like updating your account, to let us know you are moving or to set up a direct debit, you can do this by visiting our online services.
We will keep you informed of any other changes through updates on this site and via our social media channels - Facebook & Twitter.
We apologise for this but will do everything we can to continue providing our essential services. Thank you for bearing with us.
We want to help you become more efficient and our flow monitoring service can help you to understand your water use. This will enable you to understand your consumption patterns which can then be used to identify any wasteful water usage or leakage.
- Water monitoring equipment can be connected to your water meter which enables us to track your site's water usage.
- The water monitoring equipment records information from your water meter and transfers it into flow data. This data is then transferred to a designated website where you'll be able to monitor your water flow and consumption.
- You’ll be able to track your water use at a glance, graphically, which will enable you to spot any potential problems such as leaks and deal with them quickly and efficiently. You can also extract and share this information with the relevant people in your business.
Why would it be beneficial to your business?
- Having water monitoring equipment on your site will enable you to build up a picture of your water usage. These trends will help you to understand your usage, identify high consumption, peaks and troughs and baseline flows.
- These automated readings can help you identify waste or leaks. They will certainly provide baseline data so you can optimise your water use and ensure that you manage your water efficiently and economically.
- The alarm functionality will allow you to set and receive alarms when unusual flow levels are detected.
- Telemetry also reduces the need to access a chamber to read the meter, eliminating a Health and Safety risk
"I was looking for a Telemetry solution to help me identify usage trends and provide benchmarks for detecting any leaks and wastage. The solution offered by Welsh Water was cost-effective compared to solutions from other companies. They also provided the added benefit of an easy to use web-based monitoring tool which allows me instant access to graphed consumption data."
Operations Manager, Rougemont School, Newport
"The efficiency benefits to South Wales Police from reduced time spent processing numerous separate invoices has not only reduced the associated running costs, it has also allowed us to reinvest that time in undertaking more added value added activities. This includes beginning to undertake benchmarking of water consumption across our sites as the first step in driving the efficiency of usage across our estate."
Dan Ferris MSc
Estates Manager, South Wales Police
If you think this is something that would bring benefits to your business then contact the Business Customer Team using the enquiry form link below. To access your DCWW telemetry account click here.