Here at Welsh Water, we are passionate about saving our customers water and money. Having listened to your feedback, we have learnt that you love our promotional product offers that help you save water.
So, our Water Efficiency pages are jam-packed with tips to save water at home, work and school. Not only that, but we have launched our water efficiency Product Portal where Welsh Water customers can order and enjoy lots of water saving products.
There’s plenty more information in our FAQ section of the website, but if you want to get in touch with our water efficiency experts, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips and advice
Saving water in the BATHROOM
- Take a shower and reduce the number of baths you have
- Put the plug in the basin when you wash and use the collected water instead
- Don't leave the tap running when brushing your teeth
- Always make sure taps are turned off fully
- Fix a water efficient showerhead, available from our Product Portal
- Fix any leaking taps to avoid wasted water
- If you are installing a new bathroom, always choose water efficient products
Saving water in the KITCHEN
- Use a washing up bowl when washing up
- Fix any leaking taps
- Wait until you have a full load before doing your washing
- Only fill the kettle with the water you need
- If you are purchasing a new appliance which uses water, be sure to check how water efficient it is
Saving water in the GARDEN
- Use a watering can or handheld hose pipe instead of a garden sprinkler
- Fit a hose trigger gun when using a hose, available from our Product Portal
- Add water retention crystals to pots, tubs and hanging baskets to help keep compost moist, available here on our Product Portal
- Don't cut lawns too short and save the clippings to use as mulch to improve soil health