Sign up for Direct Debit and you could win £10,000. See the full terms and conditions here.
What are the benefits of setting up a Direct Debit?
- You can spread your bill over instalments (at no extra cost).
- Free to set up.
- No missed payments.
- No postage costs.
- No paperwork.
- No trips to the bank.
- It's safe, secure and guaranteed.
- The Direct Debit guarantee protects you against any incorrect payments and ensures you get your money back in the unlikely event a mistake is made.
- If you find a Direct Debit is not for you, it's easy to switch back to another way of paying.
How can you set up a Direct Debit?
- You can print and complete our Direct Debit mandate* and send it to: Freepost Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water. There's no need to put a stamp or any further address details on the envelope, it'll reach us with just that.
- You can call our team on 0800 052 0145. We're here to take your call Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm, and Saturdays 8.30am-1.30pm
*Please note if your bank / building society account requires more than one signatory, you must complete the above Direct Debit mandate.
Is someone else paying on your behalf?
If a partner, relative, friend or neighbour has agreed to pay your water bill, we'll need them to contact us to set up a Direct Debit. This is because the person named on the bank / building society account needs to confirm we can take the payments.
How often can you pay by Direct Debit?
Unmeasured customers can pay:
- In full on 1st April, or
- In two instalments on 1st April and 1st October, or
- In ten monthly instalments between April and the following January. February and March are then payment free (like your council tax payments)* or
- In weekly instalments. Just be aware that if you set up a Direct Debit after April, your instalments will be spread over the remaining weeks up to the following March, which will be less than 52 weeks
*If you set up a Direct Debit after April, your instalments will be spread over the remaining months up to the following January (less than ten months).
Metered customers can pay:
- In full every six months (when we send your bill), or
- In twelve monthly instalments (pay as you go), or
- In weekly instalments
What dates/days can you pay?
- You should choose a date that best suits your circumstances. For example on your salary date or the date you receive any benefit entitlements. Just be aware, if this date falls on a weekend or a bank holiday, the payment will be made the next working day.
- We have five days available: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday of each week.
If this day falls on a bank holiday, the payment will be made the next working day.
Interested? Set up a Direct Debit today using our secure online Direct Debit form (for pay in full, half yearly or monthly Direct Debits) or our weekly Direct Debit form.
Once you have switched, just go to www.directdebit.co.uk/freedom to be entered into the Prize Draw to win £10,000.