My Unmeasured Bill Explained
A guide for customers who do not have a water meter.
The amount we charge is different for all properties. You have been billed a fixed amount, for the period 1st April 2013 to 31st March 2014.
The example bill below shows you some of the messages that may appear on your bill along with an explanation. If you have further questions about your bill, read our most frequently asked questions or try our interactive FAQ service.
Your Bill Explained – A guide for customers who do not have a water meter
Hover over the icons in the illustration to view the explanation.
- This shows the dates when your charges will apply.
- This is the name and address of the account holder. This is the address where the bills are sent.
- These two charges show the amount we are charging you for having water, and for us taking away your waste water, these are your new charges from 1 April to 31 March.
- If you pay by Direct Debit you have a choice of a one off payment in full, if this paid on or before the 1 April you will have a 1.5% discount taken off your bill
- You also have a choice of a half yearly Direct Debits, payable in April and October. Or you can choose a monthly Direct Debit.
- The dates shown on your bill are when payments will be taken from your account.
- If you pay by Payment Card, your monthly, fortnightly or weekly payment plan dates are listed for you.
- Your Customer Reference Number is always displayed at the bottom of the bill, please have this when you contact us as we will ask for it.
- Total Balance – This includes the balance on your account on 14 February when your bill was printed, plus your annual water and sewerage charges.