Last summer, we conducted our biggest ever public consultation and research programme to hear the views of our customers on our plans for investment and bills between 2015 and 2020.
We submitted our Business Plan for 2015-20 to the industry regulator, Ofwat, in December 2013.
Having received some feedback, we amended our Plan further and have received a draft Determination from Ofwat on 30th May. This means that:
- by 2020, the average household bill will fall by £21 – or 5% - before inflation
- more than £2.5 billion will be invested between 2015 and 2020 in improving services for customers whilst making good progress against the long term outcomes we aim to achieve.
You can read our latest Business Plan summary here.
Highlights from the Business Plan include:
- Bill increases to be kept 1% below inflation every year until 2020
- Continued investment at record levels to maintain and improve services, including:
- 25% reduction in number of properties affected by low pressure
- 10% reduction in interruptions to supply
- 20% reduction in number of properties affected by sewer flooding
- Pollution incidents to fall by a third
- 8% reduction in leakage
- Significant investment in our innovative “Rainscape” approach to reduce the amount of rainwater entering our sewer network
- A 5% reduction in energy use and more than double the amount of renewable energy generated at Welsh Water sites
- New social tariffs targeting help to more customers who are struggling to pay
- 94% of customers consider the business plan to be acceptable
You can read our initial Business Plan here:
Read about our plans for 2015-2020: Your Company. Your Plan.
Business Plan (December 2013)
Customer Challenge Group
To ensure our plans aligned with our customers’ priorities, an independent panel representing our customers was created to oversee our consultation and business planning process - the Customer Challenge Group (CCG). The CCG reports reviewed our initial Business Plan and the revised Business Plan and you can read them below.
Customer Challenge Group’s report - revised Business Plan
Customer Challenge Group’s report - initial Business Plan
We are now waiting for a final decision from Ofwat on whether our Plan has been approved. We are very grateful to everybody who took part in the consultation. Thanks.